Friday, August 21, 2026

Sexual Assault: Lagos Hands Over TikTokers Case To Ogun Command

Fatimah Otunsanya

The Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency has confirmed that the sexual assault case involving TikTok user Mirabel (@mirab351), who claimed she was raped in her apartment by a stranger, has been referred to authorities in Ogun State.

In a statement on Wednesday, the agency said it had successfully contacted a close friend of the survivor, who confirmed she had been discharged from the hospital.

The case had sparked widespread concern online, trending under the hashtag #StopRapingWomen on X (formerly Twitter), with thousands calling for urgent action against sexual assault and greater protection for survivors.

“Following our earlier statement and the widespread public response, we successfully established communication with a close friend of the survivor who confirmed that she had been discharged from the hospital.

“We sincerely appreciate members of the public who provided helpful information via our direct messages, as well as everyone who tagged the Agency to ensure swift intervention,” the agency said.

The alleged assault reportedly occurred on Sunday, February 15, with the survivor posting about the incident on Monday.

The DSVA clarified that the incident took place in Ogun State, outside its jurisdiction.

“We have since confirmed that the incident occurred in Ogun State and is therefore outside the jurisdiction of the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency.

“In the spirit of interagency collaboration and survivor protection, all relevant information at our disposal has been forwarded to the appropriate authorities in Ogun State.”

The agency expressed confidence that the Ogun State Police Command is handling the matter and that the survivor would cooperate with authorities for a thorough investigation.

“We understand that the Ogun State Police Command is currently handling the matter, and we trust that the survivor will fully cooperate with the appropriate authorities to enable a thorough investigation and due process,” the statement said.

DSVA also reiterated its commitment to support survivors and maintain accessible channels for reporting sexual violence.

Hot this week

30 months after subsidy removal, FG spends N30.6tn, saves N15.8tn

30 months after President Bola Tinubu removed petrol subsidy...

FG won’t publish details of $5bn Abu Dhabi loan — Oyedele

The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the...

Fidelity Bank Deepens Food Relief Efforts, Supports Over 1,000 Families in Kogi State

Leading financial institution, Fidelity Bank Plc, has continued its...

Tinubu moves EFCC recoveries, N242bn unclaimed dividends to NELFUND

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday directed that all liquid...

Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return In Osun State

…Vows to keep ‘darkness’ out of Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke...

Topics

30 months after subsidy removal, FG spends N30.6tn, saves N15.8tn

30 months after President Bola Tinubu removed petrol subsidy...

FG won’t publish details of $5bn Abu Dhabi loan — Oyedele

The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the...

Fidelity Bank Deepens Food Relief Efforts, Supports Over 1,000 Families in Kogi State

Leading financial institution, Fidelity Bank Plc, has continued its...

Tinubu moves EFCC recoveries, N242bn unclaimed dividends to NELFUND

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday directed that all liquid...

Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return In Osun State

…Vows to keep ‘darkness’ out of Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke...

Ogun Declares August 20 Public Holiday to Mark Isese Day

The Ogun State Government has declared Thursday, August 20,...

Davido Declares Exit From Politics, Fires Back at APC Chieftain Over Osun Election Role

Afrobeats superstar David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has...

2Baba’s Wife Natasha Osawaru Takes Key Leadership Role in Edo Assembly

Natasha Osawaru, wife of Nigerian music star Innocent Idibia,...
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img