Sunday, August 23, 2026

Wike Warns Contractor Over Delay On Road Project

Sam Philip

The Minister, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Barr. Nyesom Wike, has expressed his displeasure about the delay in the road construction projects in the FCT by contractors.

He warned in strong words the contractors handling for the construction of left hand service carriageway of OSEX from Ring Road 1 (RRI) to Wasa Junction (15KM).

The Minister was dissatisfied with the slow pace of work on the project even when over 80 percent of the contract sum had been paid to the contractor.

Wike was on inspection tour of the project, which handled by China Geo-Engineering Corporation (CGC), when condemned the contractors for their failure to meet project milestones.

He said: “Very bad, I am not encouraged.

“Yesterday, my attention was drawn when I went to inspect the Apo-Karshi Road, which took us through Wassa. I passed through this area and tried to find out where CGC is working, one of the respected companies, as far as I am concerned. But regarding this road, I am not happy.

“Despite promises of progress, the contractor has barely completed 50 percent of the work. We have paid over 80 percent of this contract, and as far as I am concerned, they have not done the work.”

Consequently, the Minister summoned the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) and CGC for an emergency meeting, where he ordered the contractor to commit to completing the project by May 2025.

“Let them go and commit themselves and tell us by May they are going to finish this project. That’s the only way I am going to accept it,” Wike said.

Hot this week

Tinubu Suspends Three Perm Secs As ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Agency In SGF Office

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of...

IGP Warns Politicians Against Recruiting Youths For 2027 Violence

The Inspector-General of Police, Tunji Disu, has warned politicians...

Eid ul Mawlid: FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday

The Federal Government has declared Tuesday, August 25, 2026,...

30 months after subsidy removal, FG spends N30.6tn, saves N15.8tn

30 months after President Bola Tinubu removed petrol subsidy...

FG won’t publish details of $5bn Abu Dhabi loan — Oyedele

The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the...

Topics

Tinubu Suspends Three Perm Secs As ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Agency In SGF Office

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of...

IGP Warns Politicians Against Recruiting Youths For 2027 Violence

The Inspector-General of Police, Tunji Disu, has warned politicians...

Eid ul Mawlid: FG Declares Tuesday Public Holiday

The Federal Government has declared Tuesday, August 25, 2026,...

30 months after subsidy removal, FG spends N30.6tn, saves N15.8tn

30 months after President Bola Tinubu removed petrol subsidy...

FG won’t publish details of $5bn Abu Dhabi loan — Oyedele

The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the...

Fidelity Bank Deepens Food Relief Efforts, Supports Over 1,000 Families in Kogi State

Leading financial institution, Fidelity Bank Plc, has continued its...

Tinubu moves EFCC recoveries, N242bn unclaimed dividends to NELFUND

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday directed that all liquid...

Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return In Osun State

…Vows to keep ‘darkness’ out of Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke...
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img